Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
ICET has a multidisciplinary staff of chemists, physicists, computer scientists, and electrical and mechanical engineers. ICET also employs students, both graduate and undergraduate, who further support research operations. ICET scientists have leading-edge expertise in testing nuclear grade High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters, and research and remediation of soils contaminated with depleted uranium.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual filling this position will function at the professional research level and will collaborate with scientists on their research. Additionally, the individual will perform verification and validation of data analysis spreadsheets, and be responsible for the implementation and statistical design of experiments.
Research Associate I – Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Physics, or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field.
Research Associate II - Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Physics, or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field; Minimum of three years of relevant experience in a related area and the equivalent to a master’s degree.
Master of Science in Chemistry, Physics, or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field and a minimum of one year of relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Note: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
1. Strong statistical background.
2. Experience with MatLab.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of data reduction techniques.
2. Excellent computer skills.
3. Well-developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to perform with professionalism and produce quality, reliable results.
4. Strong analytical and technical skills with an attention for detail and accuracy.
5. Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.