Job no: 497487
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 320100 - General Library
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Applies knowledge of policies, procedures and national standards accepted by the MSU libraries
2. Utilizes technology to accomplish goals and objectives;
3. Participates in library committees as a representative of a functional area
4. Processes materials according to classification, circulation, and maintenance procedures.
5. Prepares and expedites orders for library material. Checks for accuracy upon receipt.
6. Prepares new material for circulation.
7. Assists patrons in use of systems and answers inquiries regarding library resources and policies.
8. Provides library users with information and assistance in retrieving materials.
9. Performs a variety of library and office support tasks.
10. Assembles and prepares a variety of information and data for reports, studies and other purposes.
11. May deliver or retrieve materials from other departmental offices and libraries.
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years of related experience. -or- Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Hours for this position are: Spring and Fall Semesters, 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Summer, Tuesday - Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Intersession, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and hours could vary during the 24 hours exam schedules.
- No unusual physical requirements.
- Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend