Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages timelines and reporting on grants, cooperative agreements, contracts and subcontracts within the Center for Environmental Health Sciences in coordination with the faculty Principal Investigators.
2. Communicate with Office of Sponsored Projects and Sponsored Programs Accounting to keep up-to-date records of fund balances and projections of project spending.
3. Track schedules, performance, and expenditures on project timelines and/or milestones to assist investigators in meeting project deliverables in a timely fashion.
4. Construct preliminary budgets for project applications and prepare informal budget reports to Center faculty.
5. Reconcile and balance financial records with the CVM accounting personnel.
6. Verify accuracy of time-effort reports and project expenditure reports.
7. Communicate with industrial contractors and partners and MSU project leaders regarding project timelines, expectations, and reporting requirements for progress and financial reporting
8. Develop expertise regarding FDA requirements for drug approvals.
9. Support grant/contract writing efforts, particularly formatting and requirements of proposed funding entity, and preliminary budget construction.
10. Assistance with proofreading text generated by researchers.
11. Track regulatory compliance including training required for specific projects.
12. Assist in literature and other web-based searches as needed.
13. Must work independently.
14. Must be flexible and willing to change assignments as needed, opportunities and deadlines occur.
B.S. degree and 3 years of experience with management of projects funded by external sources, and also with financial tracking and management.
M.S. degree and 3 years of experience with management of projects funded by external sources, and also with financial tracking and management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and investigators. Excellent skills with work processing, spread sheets and internet searches. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially writing skills for effective proofreading and editing. Strong ability to work autonomously and independently. Knowledgeable of budget construction and expenditure tracking for effective project financial management. Ability to organize project timelines incorporating tasks and deliverables.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.