Material Supply Clerk Entry
Job no: 497513
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 490101 - Facilities Management Admin
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Keep construction and maintenance crews informed on the status of materials ordered for specific jobs.
2. Receive supplies and materials and ensure that they are in good condition and meet purchase order specifications.
3. Notify appropriate departments and personnel upon arrival of materials.
4. Issue materials and supplies from oral or written requests, restock and maintain storage areas, and return materials to vendors as required.
5. Assist in the receipt and delivery of materials and supplies, the monitoring of inventory, and the notification of material receipt.
6. Communicate with vendors regarding status of orders, material discrepancies and other special problems.
7. Monitor stock levels of a large variety of supplies and materials.
8. Operate material handling equipment; including forklift, crane and trucks.
9. Approve invoices for payment through receipt verification.
10. Prepare computer generated reports as required.
11. Collects recyclable materials.
12. Demonstrates proper materials and collection procedures to employees located near collection points.
13. Work may be required in adverse weather conditions, during odd hours, and/or emergency circumstances; ability to work rotating or stand-by shifts as scheduled.
14. Perform related duties as assigned.
Applies basic skills and learns advanced skills in procedures, techniques, materials and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; high school diploma or equivalent plus one to two years experience and basic computer skills.
Focus of Experience
Experience in inventory or warehouse
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Valid Driver’s License may be required for some positions.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All interested applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend