Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job no: 497689
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 060100 - Aerospace Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
The Department of Aerospace Engineering (http://www.ae.msstate.edu) currently employs 12 tenure-track/tenured faculty members, and five full-time Instructors. With an enrollment of over 300 undergraduate and over 90 graduate students, the department offers an ABET-accredited BS degree in aerospace engineering with concentrations in aeronautics and astronautics as well as an MS degree in aerospace engineering and a PhD degree in engineering with a concentration in aerospace engineering. The ASE Department is responsible for providing Engineering Mechanics classes to support multiple engineering disciplines within the Bagley College of Engineering.
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
January 1, 2019
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are illustrations of the various types of duties assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those duties from the position if the work is a logical assignment of the position.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Aerospace Engineering.
- Supervise research of graduate students.
- Write and submit proposals to prospective sponsors.
- Engage in scholarly activities resulting in journal and conference papers.
- Participate in cross-functional research initiatives that require coordination and collaboration among research groups, departments and research centers.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of current sources for research support.
- Stay informed of topic areas for which support is available
- Serve as an active member of the technical community and participate in the activities of professional and/or technical societies.
- Maintain contact and rapport with funding agencies and secure funding for proposed research consistent with the goals and objectives of the department.
A PhD in aerospace engineering or a closely related field is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Yes, for Assistant Professor; No for Associate Professor or Professor
Preferred qualifications include teaching experience, a substantial record of peer-reviewed publications, and demonstrated ability to secure external funding.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested parties must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, complete curriculum vitae that includes a list of references, and a research and teaching statement. The position will remain open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend