Assistant Director, East Coast
Job no: 497750
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 411200 - Office of Admissions & Scholarships
Location: Washington, D.C.
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising of freshmen admissions counselors.
- Works with the Director to implement freshmen recruiting goals outlined by the University.
- Works with administrators, faculty, and other University personnel to enhance recruiting efforts.
- Oversees freshmen off campus events.
- Develops effective freshmen recruitment strategies.
- Visits and participates at community college recruitment fairs, and student conferences.
- Provide information to prospective students and their parents, and promote the college.
- Represents MSU at conferences, meetings, and other official programs.
- Attend alumni meetings and alumni recruiting events when needed.
- Work closely with community college officials in the recruitment of prospective students.
- Keep current on university programs and changes within the academic schools and colleges.
- Performs additional duties as required by the Director of Student Recruitment, Assistant Vice President for Enrollment, and the Provost.
Bachelor's degree. At least three years experience in higher education administration. Valid driver's license.
Master's degree in student development, counseling, or a related area.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/ and attaching a cover letter and resume that includes complete contact information for three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend