Assistant Clinical Professor or Associate Clinical Professor
Job no: 497753
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 060100 - Aerospace Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
The Department of Aerospace Engineering (http://www.ae.msstate.edu) currently employs 12 tenure-track/tenured faculty members, and five full-time Instructors. With an enrollment of over 300 undergraduate and over 90 graduate students, the department offers an ABET-accredited BS degree in aerospace engineering with concentrations in aeronautics and astronautics as well as an MS degree in aerospace engineering and a PhD degree in engineering with a concentration in aerospace engineering. The ASE Department is responsible for providing Engineering Mechanics classes to support multiple engineering disciplines within the Bagley College of Engineering.
Area of Specialization:
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate courses in the general areas of engineering mechanics and aerospace engineering and serve as research and project advisor for undergraduate design and research projects.
- Provide advice, counseling, and oversight to undergraduate students engaged in approved extracurricular activities such as design competitions and professional society activities.
- Serve as a member of the graduate faculty in aerospace engineering.
- Teach graduate courses in the general areas of engineering mechanics and aerospace engineering
- Serve as graduate committee member and as major professor fro graduate students seeking MS and PhD degrees.
- Stay informed and current regarding topics related to principal areas of expertise.
- Pursue external research support including submission of proposals and contracting with funding agencies.
- Publish and present the results of creative activities at conferences and in journals as appropriate.
- Serve as an active member of the technical community and participate in professional and technical society activities as appropriate.
- Participate and serve as a member of the department faculty to promote the strategy and goals of the department.
Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering or Ph.D. in a closely related area with a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from an ABET certified institution. Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills are required.
Rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Preferred qualifications include teaching experience and a substantial record of peer-reviewed publications.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested parties must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and must include a cover letter, vita and complete contact information for at least three references.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend