Lab Animal Team Leader
Job no: 497795
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 185450 - CVM LARAC
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee daily operations of the animal care areas, providing leadership within the animal care unit to ensure proper completion of all tasks.
2. Ensure that all USDA and AAALAC guidelines are followed.
3. Visit animal care areas regularly and frequently to ensure adequate husbandry and care have been provided.
4. Maintain inventory of supplies and recommend needed purchases to the LARAC Manager.
5. Perform specialized and complicated animal care tasks such as providing animal husbandry within BSL2 Containment and working with non-traditional species.
6. Respond to unexpected or unplanned requests for LARAC service by assessing the situation, assigning personnel, and providing flexible services.
7. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
8. Assist team members in preparing for AALAS certification.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Three to five years of related experience.
3. Must be certified as a Laboratory Animal Technician by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science.
4. Must successfully obtain certification as a Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) within 18 months of employment.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp