Job no: 497912
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 038400 - Physics & Astronomy
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
The Department of Physics and Astronomy offers BS, MS, and PhD degrees. It also has a high service load for other majors both with the College of Arts and Sciences and from other colleges.
Area of Specialization:
Physics and Astronomy
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2019
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the position.
- Teach four undergraduate courses in Physics and/or Physical Science and/or Astronomy each semester.
- Engage in routine departmental, college, university, and scientific community service functions and committees.
- Follow all federal, state, and university policies.
- Maintain office hours in accordance with departmental policy.
- Coordinate with graduate teaching assistants, staff, and other faculty in laboratory coordination.
- Summer teaching opportunities are often available but not guaranteed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Physics or a related field with a strong background in physics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are necessary.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
- PhD in Physics or a closely related field.
- Teaching experience with undergraduate students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the field and a willingness to participate collegially in a broad department.
- Must be able to communicate knowledge in the classroom environment to students as well as to other important groups.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vita, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend