National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center (NSPARC) conducts research and creates customized solutions in areas of economic, workforce, business, and community development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Acquire knowledge of programming procedures and standards. Design, code and test application software, as well as modify existing software to reflect changes in functional requirements. Code efficiently adhering to established programming standards. Prepare and maintain quality documentation to manage program development and revisions. Prepare instructions and user documentation for users / operators. Modify programs to increase operating efficiency. Prepare test data and validate software for accuracy. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related area.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants should complete online application at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and upload a cover letter and current resume. Applicants should also submit two letters of recommendation (mailed by writers under separate cover), an official transcript for terminal degree and terminal diploma (provide English translation if necessary).
Address all supporting materials and reference letters to:
Chair, Programmer Analyst (Frontend and Content Management Emphasis) Selection Committee
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center
P.O. Box 6027
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Please email all queries to: email@example.com
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.