Job no: 498049
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 031100 - Biological Sciences
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a wide variety of clerical duties which could be confidential in nature; operates personal computer to perform basic to complex typing assignments to include: enter data, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables, reports, and other materials.
- May greet and direct visitors, when appropriate; resolve routine administrative problems and answer inquiries concerning activities and operations of department/division.
- May answer telephone, route calls, take messages, and provide general information.
- Performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities; may serve as a liaison with other departments on basic administrative and/or operational matters.
- May establish, maintain, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- May sort, screen, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; drafts or prepares responses to routine inquiries; prepares photocopies and facsimiles, and operates a variety of office equipment.
- May arrange meetings and conferences, schedules interviews and appointments, and perform other duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules; makes travel and lodging arrangements, either directly or through travel agencies.
- May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
- Performs basic, routine bookkeeping functions, which may involve simple billing and cash receipt activities.
- May instruct and oversee the activities of student employees performing the same type of work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma
Experience (yrs.): Two to four years Clerical or office setting
Education may be substituted for experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Receptionist skills
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment
- Records maintenance skills
- Word processing and/or data entry skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend