The Department of Instructional Systems and Workforce Development is a division of the College of Education at Mississippi State University.
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2019
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The professor will teach five courses per 9-month academic term related to industrial technology, such as manufacturing processes, process management, logistics management, project management, quality systems, or automation. The courses may be offered during the day or evening, and may be face-to-face or online/hybrid delivery. The professor will conduct and publish research, seek external funds for projects, and serve the university, the profession, and the public.
- Earned doctoral degree, at the time of employment, from an accredited institution in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering technology or closely related technology field.
- If applying at the rank of associate professor, a proven record of accomplishment of scholarly activity must be provided.
Rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Yes, for Assistant Professor only.
- Industry experience
- Experience in robotics and/or automation of manufacturing processes
- Experience with seeking external funds for research projects
- Evidence of scholarly research activity and potential
- Experience teaching undergraduate or graduate courses
- Experience teaching online and hybrid courses using a learning management system
- Experience using current technological tools to facilitate learning
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use modern computer hardware and software in delivering instruction
- Skills with technologies relevant to industrial
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and submit:
- a cover letter specifically addressing one’s qualifications and readiness for the position
- a curriculum vitae
- the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references who can address the suitability of the applicant for the position
- copies of college transcripts. (Official transcripts are required upon employment)
Note: Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.