Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
13/ Minimum 33,400
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Produce, oversee, and implement design and creative direction of all marketing materials for football.
2. Design and produce high-quality marketing pieces that communicate a strategic football and university message to a broad audience in many different media formats (such as logos, stationary, brochures, direct mail solicitations, print ads, posters, newsletters, mailers, e-mail campaigns).
3. Organize, oversee, and implement all phases of the design production process. Such tasks include creating production schedules, art direction and design, photography coordination and styling, print coordination, pre-press production, four-color proofing, and on-press supervision or press checks.
4. Successfully manage multiple projects concurrently, while meeting project budget and deadlines.
5. Oversee student and internship workers specifically working in design and production of marketing materials.
6. Serve as a contact for our printing vendors. This includes coordination, job estimating, file preparation, packaging and shipping of files and proofs, and communicating revisions or approvals.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design with one (1) year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
Knowledge of graphic layout and photographic requirements and procedures.
Skills in the utilization of specified computerized graphic design programs.
Ability to analyze graphic and technical information and create interpretive illustrations.
Knowledge of printing procedure and requirements.
Knowledge of printing and/or reproduction processes and techniques.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Ability to analyze and interpret user graphic requirements.
Ability to develop print and/or reproduction specifications.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attached a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.