Assistant Director, Health Promotion and Sexual Assault Services
Job no: 498250
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 560109 - Health Promotion and Wellness
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed and in coordination with the Director of Health Promotion and Wellness, provide administrative direction and leadership to the department. Through collaborative efforts with HPW team members, provide support for health programming.
- Assist the director in strategic planning, assessment, and evaluation for health promotion. Develop program evaluation as needed. Work in collaboration with staff members for assessment for the department of Health Promotion and Wellness.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate programming in health promotion and wellness such as nutrition, sexual health, alcohol, other drugs, recovery, sexual assault, violence, mental health, and other health-related topics.
- Collaborate with other departments in the division and university in support of the mission of HPW as needed for health initiatives. Collaborate with campus partners to ensure programming addresses relevant and current issues affecting campus.
- Assist with the provision of resources for campus including survivors of sexual assault, collegiate recovery support (eating disorders, alcohol or other drug misuse, etc.), survivors of relationship violence, and other mental health needs through collaborative efforts with Student Counseling Services.
- Notify campus entities of national occurrences to keep abreast of health trends.
- Serve as a liaison through assisting with planning and support that enhances and promotes program activities and services through contact with other departments across the university, community hospitals, area law enforcement, and other community organizations such as the Mississippi Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Mississippi Coalition Against Sexual Assault, and other health-related agencies and coalitions.
- Research and apply for grants as appropriate for the department. Manage grant documentation for programming including attending required professional development training. Prepare reports as required by funders.
- Provides appropriate administrative supervision for staff persons including graduate assistants responsible for providing educational programs, training, and resources. In addition, fulfill duties as assigned with supervision associated with grant staff, or other personnel in the department. Assist the Director with all supervision aspects of the department as directed.
- Maintain Health Service Volunteer (peer education) program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties of positions in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
Master’s degree in health, education, or related field.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
Experience working with grant funded projects.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience working in higher education.
Experience writing grant proposals and reporting.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Requires physical effort of lifting of materials and programming information.
Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend