Associate Dean and Associate Professor/Professor (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
Job no: 499098
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 028800 - Dean of Architecture,Art, & Design
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
The Associate Dean is responsible for providing leadership, management, and accountability for various components of the College of Architecture, Art, and Design. The main areas of responsibility include oversight of the CAAD research productivity and external funding, and serving as the research liaison between the university administration and the college.
Area of Specialization:
Architecture, Construction, Interior Design, Art
Anticipated Appointment Date:
September 1, 2019
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to the Dean as her consultant, replacement in her absence, and collaborator in a variety of projects, such as fundraising and faculty recruitment.
- Provides coordination in the development and authoring of reports, proposals, and other documents including the college's strategic plan, faculty/staff handbooks, and various operating guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinates the college-wide research effort; reviews and approves all research and grant proposals within the College.
- Establishes a collaborative network of funded research, creative activities, and community outreach.
- Establishes a coherent network that clearly identifies both a faculty member's interest/expertise and the college's range of interest/expertise.
- Establishes a coherent mentoring and administrative structure that assists young faculty with developing a national recognition for their interests.
- Terminal Degree in Architecture, Art, Interior Design, Building Construction or closely related field.
- University teaching and administrative experience in research or academic affairs.
- Established research portfolio.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills in order to work closely with students, parents, and staff in recruiting and outreach.
- Commitment to the ideals of affirmative action, cultural diversity, and international education.
- The successful candidate must hold the rank of Associate Professor with tenure or higher or hold the position of Director in a research unit and must be a current employee in the College of Architecture, Art & Design at Mississippi State University.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
A Ph.D. in Architecture, Interior Design, Building Construction or Art or closely related field and relevant professional/research experience.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend