Job no: 499117
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 313200 - Meridian Campus
Location: Meridian Campus - Meridian, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as Career Center Liaison to students, employers, and alumni under assigned area.
- Conducts regular and special orientations/workshops/seminars for interested students.
- Partners with MSU-Meridian advisors in leveraging Career Services to properly recruit and advise students in Partnership Pathway programs.
- Creates and fosters strong employer relationships.
- Initiates student referrals with appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinates and manages assigned services, programs, and events.
- Effectively manages interview schedules with appropriate follow-up activities.
- Creates and maintains student records.
- Teaches a Career and Life Planning undergraduate course.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A master’s degree and three years of experience related to the position.
- Knowledge of media, media relations concepts and principles, print and electronic media outlets, photography and accurate writing skills.
- Strong interest and commitment to the educational development and career preparation of college students.
- Strong computing background with demonstrated experience with management information systems, Web-based applications and an affinity for applying technology to achieve productivity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with effective public speaking skills
- Ability to independently perform high-quality work following well-defined policies and procedures while simultaneously performing in a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and follow through to complete special projects and/or assignments taking an idea from conception to implementation.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with students, faculty, employers, and co-workers.
- Must be able to engage in multiple tasks simultaneously.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Requires time-sensitive arrival at the onsite location of the problem.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
- Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicant must apply at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend