Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Meet with students on a regular basis and provide guidance on the process of completing the financial aid application for federal (Title IV), state aid and institutional aid programs.
2. Review and analyze student submitted documents for verification purposes.
3. Review and complete needs analysis to determine award amounts for individual students based on federal, state, and institutional regulations.
4. Process, review and reconcile student loans.
5. Work with students who are not meeting satisfactory academic progress standards for financial aid purposes.
6. Provides financial aid counseling to students and parents on the consequences of fully or partially withdrawing from a semester.
7. Reviews and accesses financial aid information, including electronic data and reports, to determine Federal Title IV aid eligibility of students who have withdrawn, received an F grade, or have repeated course work.
8. Stays abreast of all federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations applicable to determine eligibility for aid of students.
9. Provides input into the development and revision of all letters, memoranda, and other documents used to communicate with students, parents, faculty and staff.
10. Provides student financial aid presentations for student groups and/or functions sponsored by high schools and community colleges, and other groups.
11. Participates in student orientation and financial aid presentation events.
12. Participates in staff development and financial aid training events.
13. Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. Strong Student orientation with two years of financial aid or accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
2. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
3. Ability to learn, interpret and apply complex federal financial aid regulations.
4. Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
5. Ability to utilize computer skills in an automated work environment.
6. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.