Job no: 499180
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 411200 - Office of Admissions & Scholarships
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include extensive travel for school visitations, individual counseling with students and parents, follow-up correspondence, telephone marketing, public relations related to student recruitment and all other aspects of student recruitment.
1. Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the unit.
2. Recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
3. Participates in developing effective recruitment strategies.
4. Conducts all recruiting activities and follow-up with prospective students in an assigned territory.
5. Visits and participates at high schools, colleges college fairs, student conferences, to recruit students provide information to prospective students and their parents, and promote the college.
6. Facilitates campus visits.
7. Conducts and supervises campus tours.
8. Prepares correspondence for prospective students.
9. Responds to mail and telephone inquiries.
10. Visits prospective students at their homes.
11. Represents Mississippi State University at conferences, meetings, and other official functions.
12. Attends alumni meetings and assist as needed.
13. Assist with the Orientation program.
14. Assist with the MSU Roadrunners, the student recruitment program.
15. Keep current on university programs and changes within the academic schools and colleges.
16. Assist with publications released by the Office of Admissions and Scholarships.
17. Contact alumni presidents and/or recruiting chairpersons within assigned territory.
18. Assist in visiting the community/junior colleges when the need arises.
19. Maintain an updated list of outstanding juniors and seniors and keep in contact with them.
20. Work closely with high school guidance counselors in assigned territory in the recruitment of prospective students.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Valid driver’s license.
Experience working with students, parents, university administrators, and faculty.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend