Professor and Head and Endowed Professorship
Job no: 498924
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 061300 - Industrial and Systems Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering is one of the eight academic departments in the Bagley College of Engineering. The Department offers an ABET-accredited bachelor's program in Industrial Engineering as well as master's and doctoral degrees. The undergraduate enrollment is 207 students, and the graduate enrollment is 31 master's students and 70 doctoral students. The website is www.ise.msstate.edu.
Area of Specialization:
Industrial & Systems Engineering
Anticipated Appointment Date:
January 1, 2020
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides vision and leadership for nationally recognized education and research programs.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to all faculty, staff, and students.
- Responsible for overall administration of faculty and support staff activities.
- Responsible for recruitment of a diverse community of students, faculty, and support staff.
- Maintains and participates actively in ongoing departmental research program and seeks new areas of research funding.
- Conducts research leading to scholarly publications.
- Participates in fundraising activities, including solicitation of gifts for scholarships, professorships, chairs, etc.
- Works with the Dean of the Bagley College of Engineering and university administration in establishing goals and objectives for the college, department, and in meeting the university missions of teaching, research, and service.
- Serves as a liaison with faculty, administrators, alumni, students, and community.
- Academic responsibilities include planning, reviewing, and updating the curriculum, academic programs, and course content.
- Personnel responsibilities include promotion and tenure, performance evaluation, and workload management.
- Fiscal responsibilities include preparing and overseeing departmental budget and other budgets for research funding.
The successful candidate must hold an earned doctorate in industrial engineering or a closely related field, must qualify for the rank of professor with tenure, and as such must have earned national recognition by a distinguished record of accomplishments in industrial engineering education and research. A record of scholarly publications in archival literature and funded research is required. Significant teaching experience and some direct industrial experience are expected. Demonstrated success and leadership in obtaining and executing government and industrial research grants and contracts are expected. In addition a baccalaureate in engineering is desirable.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful Head will provide:
- Vision and leadership for nationally recognized education and research programs,
- Exceptional academic and administrative skills,
- A strong commitment to faculty recruitment and development, and
- A strong commitment to promoting diversity.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting a cover letter outlining your experience and vision for this position, a curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend