Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the functional areas of internal and external building maintenance services, including faculty and staff housing.
2. Provides consistency and support across multiple work zones.
3. Oversees service charge backs within the operations of multiple facilities, and prepares and provides input to the building maintenance budget each year.
4. Submits information for bids, requests purchase of materials, and coordinates work with outside service contracts as necessary.
5. Provides technical directions to multiple groups in the daily repair and maintenance of campus facilities, ensuring compliance with University, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
6. Receives, investigates, and resolves customer complaints to ensure the highest level of service is provided to the facilities.
7. Develops and establishes procedures and objectives consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operation of functional areas.
8. Integrates sustainability values, practices, and principles into short and long range planning.
9. Develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
10. Establishes and maintains direct personal contact with a wide spectrum of University members affected and/or concerned with the quality, safety and appearance of the campus or other property. Consults with these clients with regard to concerns about maintenance frequencies, standards, appearance, disturbance, etc.
11. Performs related duties as assigned.
Supervises Building Maintenance Technicians.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: 10 years experience in facilities management work and work with skilled trades. Working knowledge of computer applications (including spreadsheets, word processing, and email). Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Certification or Licensure Requirements:
Asbestos Certification and EPA approved universal refrigerant handler’s certificate may be required
Post secondary training or education in a relevant field.
Knowledge of building access systems, security systems and fire alarm systems.
Knowledge of pest control practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment. Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures. Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures. Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals. Employee development and performance management skills. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Ability to analyze budgetary expenditures for compliance with approved budget.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
• Frequent-Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; travel or irregular hours often anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All interested Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu an complete a Professional Staff application and provide cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.