Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job no: 499063
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 061700 - Mechanical Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of eight academic departments in the Bagley College of Engineering. The Department offers an ABET-accredited undergraduate program in mechanical engineering, as well as graduate studies leading to M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. The Department has approximately 950 undergraduates and 110 graduate students.
Area of Specialization:
Thermal Sciences (e.g., energy systems, renewable energy), Solid Mechanics (e.g., fatigue, fracture, metal processing, damage mechanics, numerical modeling), and Design (e.g., product design, sys..)
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have the desire and ability to teach courses at the undergraduate level as well as courses at the graduate level related to the candidate's areas of research interest.
- Pursue research support including submission of proposals and contact with funding agencies.
- The candidate is expected to have a strong collaboration with departmental faculty, perform multidisciplinary research, and develop a funded research program.
- Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals refereed by his/her peers.
- Serve as an active member of the technical community and participate in professional and technical society activities.
- Provide leadership and service for the Department, College, and University.
- Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of his/her field.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering or a closely aligned field (ABD’s will be considered). Candidates are expected to have demonstrated the ability to conduct research at the highest level and to have a record of, or the promise for, outstanding teaching and supervision of students.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Yes, at the rank of Assistant Professor
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and complete contact information for at least three professional references. Any social numbers included on requested documents should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend