Job no: 499112
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 062900 - Computer Science and Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers undergraduate student inquiries and resolves problems related to curriculum and course prerequisites, referring to undergraduate catalogs, written course descriptions, and other appropriate sources.
- Assists undergraduate coordinator with reviewing transcripts to evaluate transfer credits and applicability of academic credit to program requirements.
- Initiates and maintains individual student files as appropriate, updating files as new information is received.
- Participates in individual and group academic advising, including orientation advising sessions.
- Assists students in the selection of appropriate courses considering student's stated preferences and curriculum requirements.
- Performs supplemental administrative activities to support undergraduate advising such as scheduling meetings, securing requested information, and verifying and maintaining computerized data files.
- May participate in training and evaluative sessions and recommend methods to improve advisement activities.
- Participates in recruitment activities such as on campus departmental fairs and meetings with prospective students.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
Minimum 1 year plus education described above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to pay attention to details.
2. Excellent organizational and leadership skills
3. Well-developed interpersonal, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
4. Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
5. Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks.
6. Independent self-starter with strong work ethic.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter, current resume, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
This position is contingent upon the availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend