Assistant Director, Career Center
Job no: 499113
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 300100 - Career Center
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Area of Specialization:
Experiential Education Cooperative Education
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate co-op and internship employment for all assigned majors.
- Supervise staff as assigned.
- Establish relationships with Co-op students through student appointments, class visits, telephone calls, and email communication.
- Work directly with academic departments to secure placement of Co-op students in qualified positions.
- Maintain student Co-op tracking regarding position descriptions, assignments, and evaluations/final reports.
- Provide workshops/seminars on resumes, Connections, Co-op requirements and interviewing.
- Develop relationships and effective communication with employers to provide Co-op opportunities for students. This will involve travel and overnight stays.
- Initiate appropriate follow-up with employers and students.
- Manage and maintain student and employer accounts in Connections.
- Coordinate on-campus recruiting events.
- Teach Career and Life Planning Class as needed (usually one semester every 2 years).
- Represent Career Center at conferences and events.
- Other related activities as assigned.
Master's Degree and 5-7 years experience.
Master’s degree and 5 years work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with effective public speaking skills.
- Ability to independently perform high quality work following well-defined policies and procedures while simultaneously performing in a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and follow through to completion special projects and/or assignments taking an idea from conception to implementation.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with students, faculty, employers and coworkers.
- Must be able to engage in multiple tasks simultaneously.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend