Coordinator, Rec Facilities
Job no: 499227
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 411505 - Sanderson Center
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with management of Recreational Sports Facilities. Provide for the safety of participants, spectators, and employees of these facilities. Be on-site during evening operational periods and on assigned weekends.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate personnel for the Joe Frank Sanderson Center. This includes development of in-service training. Discipline and counsel as needed; terminate when necessary. Maintain accurate records for all staff members including training records and counseling reports.
- Coordinate recreational and informal recreation programming for recreation facilities.
- Insure facilities are prepared for scheduled intramural competition.
- Insure that all facilities offer a safe environment; report any necessary equipment or facility repairs to the Building Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate equipment records and inventories.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date program records. Prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Attend all departmental and divisional meetings.
- Coordinate special events.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings as permitted for professional development.
- Provide feedback regarding the safety of programs, equipment and facilities. This may be accomplished by conducting daily observations and/or by engaging in programs and using equipment and facilities. Immediately report safety concerns to the functional area director.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Assistant Director and Director.
Bachelor's degree-Recreational Sports Administration, Physical Education, or closely related field
Experience - two years Programming, marketing, and managing recreational sports facilities; budgeting and public relations skills beneficial
Master's degree in Recreational Sports Administration, Physical Education, or closely related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Proficiency in written and verbal skills and utilization of computers.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to foster a positive, cooperative work environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement promotional programs and events.
- Ability to comply with all policies and regulations of Mississippi State University and enforce policies that apply to recreational sports programs and services.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Although provided a private office, supervision will be performed in the activity areas of the Sanderson Center.
Must be able to walk the length of the Sanderson Center several times a day.
Must be able to perform maintenance, custodial, or other duties when necessary.
Must be able to work nights and, as needed, on weekends.
Must be willing to work overnight as needed.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend