Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Parking Service Officer (M0260 - 07)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Patrols by walking assigned sections of the university campus for the purpose of enforcing parking rules and regulations.
2. Ensures that vehicles are parked in approved parking locations, and have appropriate parking decals attached.
3. Issues citations to illegally parked vehicles.
4. Occasionally directs traffic, stations traffic post, and assists in other departmental procedures as required.
5. Installs and removes wheel locks on vehicles.
6. Occasionally detains violators of illegally parked vehicles; reports violations and safety hazards to supervisor.
7. Notifies supervisor daily of parking conditions and problem areas.
8. Provides information and other general assistance to the university community and its visitors.
9. Performs related duties as assigned.
Receives supervision from a designated supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent. Valid driver's license. Ability to operate computer keyboard to enter data.
Kowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to observe, assess, and record hazardous conditions in parking area/structures.
2. Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
3. Knowledge of public events safety and crowd control principles, procedures, regulations, and standards.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to resolve difficult or stressful customer service issues.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Ability to observe, assess, and record hazardous conditions in parking areas/structures. Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects. Knowledge of public events safety and crowd control principles, procedures, regulations, and standards. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to resolve difficult or stressful customer service issues. Exposure to extreme weather conditions. Required to stand on feet 95% of time when performing duties
Instructions for Applying:
All interested applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.