This position is located at the North Mississippi Research and Extension Center in Verona, MS.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Assists faculty, staff, and/or students with research and/or projects.
2. Operates farm equipment.
3. Assists with plot/bed preparation, planting, cultivating, fertilizing, applying herbicide, and
harvesting of crops.
5. Performs general maintenance.
6. Assists with cleaning and servicing vehicles and equipment.
7. Assists with building cleaning, lawn care, and facilities appearance upkeep.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
1. High school education or equivalent.
2. Must have a valid Mississippi driver’s license.
3. Must be able to meet supervisor expectations, which may include on average 20 hours per week with schedule to be determined by supervisor.
1. Post Secondary education or training in an agricultural related field and one year of field work experience including landscape/gardening work experience.
2. Educational attainment beyond the minimum required.
3. Farm-related work experience beyond the minimum required.
4. Previous experience with farm operations.
5. Previous experience operating and maintaining farm equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
-Mechanical and technical skills related to essential duties and responsibilities
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
2. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to
3. Will operate and work in close proximity with heavy farm equipment.
4. Possible contact with herbicides and pesticides.
5. Must be willing to occasionally work assignments outside of normal business hours to include weekend hours.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu. Please include the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.