Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide project leadership for the design and development of ICT standards, curricula and instructional resources for teachers in grades 1-11 in Uzbekistan.
2. Manage needs assessments, research, plan, and deliver training activities in Uzbekistan.
3. Manage relationships with the prime contractor, USAID, MoPE and other stakeholders in Uzbekistan.
4. Develop and provide training resources and lead training for MoPE and teachers.
5. Understand and manage appropriate protocols for interacting with international partners.
6. Guide development and training that builds capacity of MoPE staff and other education related partners in Uzbekistan
7. Must hold a valid US passport and able to secure a visa for work in Uzbekistan for extended periods of time. Anticipate 3-5 trips per year ranging 12-20 days per trip.
8. May perform any other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Project Director/Manager at the International Institute.
Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field
3 years teaching STEM, ICT, of Computer Science
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Excellent skills and knowledge of working with ICT standards and curricula.
2. Experience with developing standards-based curricula.
3. Experience developing teaching resources and delivering teacher training.
4. Strong ability to adapt quickly to uncertain and changing work environments in a foreign country.
5. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
6. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
7. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in an international setting.
8. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills
10. Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple detailed, tasks.
11. Independent self-starter with strong work ethic
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online, submit resume, cover letter, and complete contact information for three professional references
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.