Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The MSU ISER is integrated and housed with the ERDC Information Technology Laboratory (ITL) and specifically within the ITL ISER. The MSU ISER Director will be responsible for working in partnership with the ITL ISER Director to integrate research activities when appropriate and possible, develop and execute business operations of the ISER, develop strategic direction of the ISER, develop research collaboration opportunities, and introduce MSU facility, staff, and students to the ERDC community.
2. The MSU ISER will have a strong emphasis on computational science and engineering research as related to systems engineering and its applications. Specifically, the areas of application are data science, virtual reality, reliability, digital manufacturing, and big data.
3. Represent MSU's Interests and campus research to the ERDC leadership team.
4. Provide an annual ISER activities update to the MSU leadership Identifying successes, challenges, and annual direction.
5. Coordinate MSU ISER staff activities with ITL ISER Director.
6. Coordinate and conduct hiring efforts for MSU ISER team members.
7. Manage and assess MSU ISER personnel.
8. Facilitate training of MSU ISER personnel.
9. Coordinate MSU ISER summer Interns with the ITL ISER.
10. Coordinate MSU faculty sabbaticals with the ITL ISER.
11. Perform engineering research. This activity normally occurs through writing and submitting proposals for research sponsorship and the subsequent execution of a project and publication of results.
12. Provide oversight and leadership for research activities in data science, virtual reality, reliability, digital manufacturing, and big data. Other areas of Interest Include product life cycle costs, risk, and resilience. Tasks Include developing and executing high performance computing codes for a variety of military and civilian applications.
13. Develop and enhance relationships with federal, state, local and private partners to the fullest extent possible, forming collaboration and coordinating relationships resulting in research and development activities.
14. Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals referred by his/her peers.
15. Pursue scholarly and professional interests which will keep his/her expertise at the leading edge of engineering practice through continuing professional duties.
A Master's Degree in Engineering or a related field with ten (10) years of demonstrated experience leading to increased leadership responsibilities; The applicant must possess excellent communication skills; Successful applicants must possess U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency status and must meet eligibility requirements for access to restricted information.
A Ph.D. Degree in Engineering or a related field with five (5) years of demonstrated experience leading to increased leadership responsibilities. Experience In either DoD laboratories or with the military industrial base would be considered favorably.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit an application online with a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your transcripts. Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online. If you have any questions please contact Kim Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.