Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
This position is located at the National Center for Alluvial Aquifer Research within Delta Research and Extension Center, Stoneville, MS.
Area of Specialization:
Row Crop Farming
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and oversees daily field-based research activities, including land preparation,
fertility, planting, irrigation, pest management, harvesting, etc.
2. Coordinates and maintains inventory of supplies necessary for on- and off-farm field
3. Assists with the design and planning of research through collaboration with researchers;
provides technical knowledge and expertise.
4. Plans and coordinates the operation, repair, security, and maintenance of field
5. Collects, maintains and coordinates research samples and processing.
6. Manages and oversees work scheduling and coordination of multiple research plots and
7. May supervise other employees in the proper and safe use of equipment while
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
May supervise employees but supervision is not the main focus of the job.
Bachelor's degree in science or a related field.
Four years of experience in research oriented row crop farming operation with irrigation capacity.
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of research materials and protocols.
2. Ability to operate farm machinery and irrigation systems.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Frequent heavy or intense physical requirements, combined with exposure to a number of disagreeable elements, such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals. Constant precautions required.
Externally imposed deadlines; set or revised on short notice; frequent shifts in priority; numerous interruptions requiring immediate attention; unusual pressure on a daily basis due to accountability for success for major projects or areas of operation.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Job occasionally requires lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu. Upload a cover letter, current resume, and a list of 3 professional references.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.