Salary Grade: 10
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Mississippi State University consists of 23 faculty members, 8 professional and support staff, and over 580 undergraduate and approximately 107 graduate students, with over 65 being at the Ph.D. level. The department also houses the High Voltage Laboratory, the largest High Voltage Laboratory among North American Universities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct, supervise and coordinate the administration of the ECE undergraduate and graduate student recruiting
* Coordinate the identification of ECE candidates
* Direct the development of ECE recruiting materials
* Supervise the maintenance of the ECE recruiting database
* Supervise the scheduling of campus visits with ECE by recruits
* Oversee special ECE recruiting events
* Supervise special programs/events to aid in the retention of current ECE undergraduate and graduate students
* Coordinate orientation sessions with new ECE undergraduate and graduate students
2. Supervise ECE undergraduate and graduate student records
* Supervise maintenance of files for active, inactive, graduated and prospective ECE undergraduate and graduate students
* Supervise coordination of forms and petitions for ECE undergraduate and graduate students such as change of major, drop/add, withdrawal, etc.
* Supervise mass mail postal and electronic communications with both perspective and current ECE undergraduate and graduate students
3. Manage the ECE scholarship and fellowship programs
* Select ECE scholarship candidates to recommend for awards
* Supervise the maintenance of the ECE scholarship database
* Oversee the ECE scholarship accounts
* Supervise the maintenance of the ECE graduate fellowship database
* Oversee ECE fellowship accounts
4. Assist with general ECE Office support as needed
* Serve as the textbook liaison between ECE faculty and textbook representatives
* Assist in the planning/coordination of textbook rep-sponsored special events
* Coordinate ECE student/faculty promotional materials and highlights
* Provide specific ECE Office support in the absence of other ECE office personnel
Received: Receive general instruction from both the ECE Undergraduate and Graduate Program Coordinators. Works closely with the ECE Department Head, Administrative Assistant to the ECE Department Head and the Bagley College of Engineering Scholarship Coordinator.
Given: Give instruction to subordinate employees including student workers.
Education: H.S. Diploma or equivalent
Experience (yrs.): 4 years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree; Experience in recruiting, scholarships and records; Experience or knowledge of Banner System
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent written and oral communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills; Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and other database software packages; Ability to solve problems and and achieve excellent customer satisfaction.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
* Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
* Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references. Any social number included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.