Salary Grade: 17
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates resources, schedules, and communication for software development projects and maintenance of university information systems.
- Works closely with senior EIS management, other ITS units, and university administrative units to provide effective software solutions.
- Develops and maintains technical project plans including scope, deliverables, milestones, and resource utilization.
- Submits status reports on assigned projects on regular, prescribed intervals as indicated by management.
- Performs software configuration, implementation, integration, and maintenance for university information systems including both vendor systems and university-developed systems.
- Manages and executes software deployment activities in multi-platform, multi-vendor, and multi-tool enterprise software environment.
- Develops and adheres to quality assurance practices for university information systems management.
- Performs systems analysis/programming, data management, data modeling, and business process analysis at the highest technical level.
- Conducts technical training for information systems personnel and/or client staff.
- Monitors performance, usage, and operational effectiveness of systems.
- Supervises personnel, monitors employee performance, and conducts performance reviews.
- Assists, guides, and trains subordinate personnel in their assigned functions.
- Participates in the process of filling vacancies.
- Maintains quality documentation to manage program and system development, revisions, and operation.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with clients, software vendors, and other ITS staff.
- Demonstrates good work ethics.
- Maintains highest level of technical competency in all aspects of university information systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and 8 years developing and implementing information systems with progressive responsibility.
Any equivalent combination of education and full-time work experience in information systems.
Two or more years' experience supporting the Ellucian Banner ERP system.
Experience with the following: Linux, SVN/GIT, Oracle RDMS, Microsoft SQL Server, CAS, C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Eclipse, Apache Tomcat.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven ability in managing complex projects.
- Demonstrated competence in all phases of system analysis techniques, concepts, and methods.
- Strong programming and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to assume responsibility for supporting multiple systems.
- Experience developing systems in a Unix or Linux/Oracle environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills, ability to plan and organize, personal initiative, demonstrated ability to perform with professionalism and produce quality, reliable results.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.