Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
New Maroon Camp - Center for Student Activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Co-advise the New Maroon Camp, a student transition program prior to classes starting each Fall. This includes day-to-day advising, budget management, student leadership training, camp logistics, and program development.
2. Advise State Dance Marathon, a fundraising organization for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. This includes day-to-day advising, budget management, student leadership training, event logistics, and program development.
3. Coordinate the marketing plans to promote the Center for Student Activities events and accomplishments through promotional and publicity efforts, website information, social media, and print media.
4. Supervise a Graduate Assistant that will assist this area.
5. Coordinate assessment methods to evaluate current events and student leadership programs to determine student needs and interests and assess learning outcomes of programs presented by Center for Student Activities.
6. Assist in advising all sponsored student organizations in the Center for Student Activities including the Programming Board, Music Maker Productions, Student Association, Dance Marathon, and Involvement Ambassadors.
7. Assist in the supporting functions of the day to day traffic in the Center for Student Activities.
8. Attend all Center for Student Activities-sponsored programs and meetings.
9. Travel with student delegates to workshops and programs sponsored by professional associations and/or other institutions.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Minimum of one year's leadership experience in a student organization.
2. Experience in student programming or student activities, preferably in a higher education setting.
3. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Master's degree, preferably in student development, higher education, or a related discipline.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Some nights and weekends are required.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online and submit a resume, cover letter, and the complete contact information for at least 3 references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.