Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position involves the management and oversight of the laboratory area to assure the readiness to perform the related tasks to support the on-going research conducted at CAVS. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining the safety and productivity in support of research efforts conducted within CAVS. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for assuring the servicing, oversight, and troubleshooting of test equipment managed by the Engineering Mechanics and Materials Science (EMMS) group at CAVS, and as such reporting to the Associate Director of the EMMS group and the Director of CAVS.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
B.S. degree plus three years of relevant experience; or seven years of comparable experience.
• More than ten years of comparable experience in a related field.
• Past supervisorial or lead worker experience.
• Holding multiple safety certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain quality and/or safety standards.
• Skill in providing guidance and instruction in laboratory protocols and in the safe use of laboratory equipment.
• Knowledge of experimental procedures, protocols, and preparation techniques within area of specialty.
• Ability to set up, calibrate, operate, and maintain standard laboratory and test equipment.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s). Any social security numbers included on the requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.