Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers an ABET accredited undergraduate program, as well as graduate studies leading to M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. In addition, the department offers graduate distance M.S. and Ph.D. programs. The Department has approximately 616 undergraduate and 106 graduate students.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2020
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are required for this position, as well as other duties as assigned:
1. Teach undergraduate-level courses in all areas of electrical and computer engineering; coordinate courses and labs in these areas consistent with the goals of the department.
2. Assist in tasks related to ABET and SACS accreditation.
3. Assist in recruiting and advising undergraduate students.
4. Serve as an active member in activities within technical professional societies such as IEEE and ASEE.
1. Must have a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a closely aligned field; a strong commitment to higher education, and in particular to the mission of Mississippi State University; and a willingness to assume responsibilities and obligations appropriate to a professional or faculty university employee.
2. Must possess the potential for successful performance in instruction in a university environment.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
1. Teaching experience in electrical and computer engineering at the college level.
2. Experience with ABET accreditation.
3. Experience in recruiting and advising undergraduate students.
A record of publications in the subject of engineering education is highly desirable.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a summary of student evaluations of course taught, names and contact information for at least three professional references, and a statement that describes educational interests.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.