Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The University Libraries provide their communities of users an ongoing, creative and technologically advanced library program.
Area of Specialization:
MaxxSouth Digital Media Center
Anticipated Appointment Date:
March 16, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will work as an integral part of the library’s Digital Media Center by focusing on both standard and wide format printing responsibilities; inventory management; development and promotion of our maker space; and assisting with the IMC’s overall responsibilities with graphic design projects, its multimedia lab and instruction. Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
1. Focuses on the management, development and promotion of the multi-media lab.
2. Work with 3D printers, handles printing 3D projects, training student assistants and working with patrons to learn to use 3D printers.
3. Assists in the operations, growth and promotion of the Mixed Reality Studio
4. Ensures that all lab equipment, including computers, scanners, software, etc. are in good working order, performing routine troubleshooting and reporting issues that need to be addressed by the Library’s Systems Department.
5. Assists in the operation s of the TV Studio and AV Studio.
6. Assists with equipment checkout fort the University’s Broadcasting program and the multimedia equipment checkout program for university faculty, staff and students.
7. Assists in training student lab assistants.
8. Stays current by learning new software and emerging technology trends in academic research libraries and higher education.
Education Bachelor’s Degree. Graphic Design, Communication, Art, Technology or related field.
Two years demonstrable experience in at least two of the following areas: 3D printing, virtual and augmented reality, makerspaces, printing services, graphic design or instruction for graphic design for an established university, business or organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Experience and knowledge working with 3D printing
2. Experience with the following software; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office software programs.
3. Experience with virtual and augmented reality systems.
4. Ability to work effectively under pressure in a busy and demanding environment.
5. Ability to work independently and show initiative.
6. Ability to quickly master new computer technologies on both PCs and Macs.
7. Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to balance quality and productivity.
8. Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and in writing.
9. Familiarity with higher education environment and the ability to relate with faculty members and students of diverse backgrounds and instructional responsibilities.
10. Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail, and work within a team environment.
11. Dynamic, friendly, and ethical person with strong desire to work with both student and faculty learners
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.