Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Composes, designs, writes, edits and/or reviews departmental communications intended for internal and/or external publication, to include presentations, articles, newsletters, marketing materials, web content, or other communication related content.
2. Coordinates the planning and implementation of various programs, special projects, and initiatives for the department, to include meetings, and special events.
3. Maintains social media accounts used to recruit students and communicates about degrees and programs for the department.
4. Assists faculty with teaching videos, podcasts, and video production.
5. Maintains web page content for the department.
6. Serves as a liaison with Extension Agricultural Communications to coordinate projects.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with focus in Journalism, English, Mass Communications or a related field
One to three years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified
Master's degree in Journalism, English, Mass Communication or a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of effective mass communication principles, processes, media, and techniques.
• Project planning and implementation skills.
• Ability to develop, plan, and create communications that are responsive to the needs of the department.
• Excellent written, oral, and electronic communication skills.
• Skill in the utilization of specified computerized graphic design programs.
• Technical writing skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Occasional overnight travel will be required.
Job frequently requires sitting, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications must be submitted through the Human Resources Management Website at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu by completing the online application and submitting a cover letter, resume, transcripts and contact information for a minimum of three professional references. Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.