Job no: 499697
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 184000 - CVM Clinical Science Department
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain adequate stock level of supplies used in specific work area.
2. Follow specified procedures to maintain equipment in proper operational condition.
3. Perform minor equipment repairs.
4. Assist with set-up of supplies and equipment for surgical procedures.
5. Prepare, position, restrain animals for treatments and procedures.
6. Assist in loading, unloading, and transporting animals and materials used in animal care.
7. Maintain a good relationship with other departments to aid the clinic in functioning in a safe and health conscious manner.
8. Assist with Central Sterile duties as needed; ie. laundry and sterilization of instruments.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years of experience performing duties related to the care of animals.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
Physical effort required. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds or some standing or walking.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend