Job no: 499719
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 411200 - Office of Admissions & Scholarships
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade: 9
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain university admission letter files in current word processing system.
- Operate and maintain word processing software system for letter generation and merge files.
- Process incoming applications for admission to the University.
- Evaluate transcripts; calculate grade point averages; evaluate courses on transcripts to determine admission eligibility; disburse applications and related information to academic departments.
- Notify prospective students of acceptance or of entrance deficiencies.
- Confer with students, parents, sponsoring agencies, and University departments through oral and written communication regarding admission procedures, policies, and related matters.
- Maintain records on prospective students.
- Prepare and mail admission materials to prospective students.
- Use word processing package for letter generation.
- May provide leadership in routine admissions functions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience (yrs.): 2-4 years clerical experience
Substitution allowed for Education and Experience:
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend