Salary Grade: 16
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reports, utilizing financial information from MSU systems and databases.
2. Compile and analyze financial information from all components of the organizational unit, and develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
3. Coordinate, compile, and analyze annual financial statements for the unit, utilizing complex spreadsheet and database applications.
4. Assist in reviews of financial and internal controls to determine whether such controls are adequate to meet management objectives and ensure the safeguarding of assets; recommends and implements security and system control procedures.
5. Collaborate with other financial components of the organization to ensure consistent reporting and adherence to federal and state financial reporting regulations and guidelines, and conformity with university fiscal policies and procedures.
6. Analyze, design, document, and implement internal financial reporting systems and procedures for the organization or business entity.
7. Assists in compilation of the annual legislative budget request for On- and Off-Campus
Educational and General Operations and the compilation of System office required reports including semi-annual manpower report, semi-annual payroll reports and ad hoc requests from the Mississippi Legislative Budget Office.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance or a related field.
Three (3) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
• Ability to extract, compile, analyze, interpret, and present complex annual financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
• Knowledge of Federal and State financial regulations.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures,and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Data retrieval/extraction skills.
• Knowledge of the principles, processes, and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting as related to a public institution.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, and list of three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.