The successful candidate for this position will have a 100% College of Agriculture and Life Sciences appointment (50% in School of Human Sciences and 50% in Dean's Office) with emphasis in Agricultural Education, Leadership, and Communications.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The School of Human Sciences provides education, research, and outreach programs related to human interaction and relationships, early childhood, child life, youth, adult and family studies, and teacher education in Family and Consumer Sciences and Agricultural Education. In addition, selected School programs focus on commerce, marketing, and using technology for problem solving and designing programs and projects.
Area of Specialization:
Agricultural Education, Leadership, and Communications
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2020
Tenure Track Status:
Non-tenure track 9-month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching courses in agricultural education, leadership, and communications with an emphasis on international agriculture and/or communications; advising undergraduates. (50% in School of Human Sciences)
• Teaching may include, but may not be limited to, GA 1111 – Survey of Agriculture and GA/AELC 2103 – International Agricultural Systems and assisting with student activities (e.g., orientation, campus recruiting visits) and other duties as assigned. (50% in the Dean’s Office in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences)
• Master of Science degree in agricultural education, leadership, or communications or
• Experience teaching at the local or college/university level.
• Experience conducting study abroad or other international agriculture activities.
• Experience advising undergraduate students.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.jobs.msstate.edu. Please include a letter of application including statements of teaching expertise and interests, curriculum vitae, transcripts of graduate courses, and name, address, telephone number, and email address of three references able to evaluate the candidate’s potential.
Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.