Job no: 500580
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
184000 - CVM Clinical Science Department
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
To perform a variety of duties in support of the animal health clinic operations.
Salary Grade: 07
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain adequate stock level of supplies used in specific work area.
2. Follow specified procedures to maintain equipment in proper operational condition.
3. Perform minor equipment repairs.
4. Assist with set-up of supplies and equipment for surgical procedures.
5. Prepare, position, restrain animals for treatments and procedures.
6. Assist in loading, unloading, and transporting animals and materials used in animal care.
7. Maintain a good relationship with other departments to aid the clinic in functioning in a safe and health conscious manner.
8. Assist with Central Sterile Aide duties as needed; ie. laundry,and sterilization of instruments.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years of experience performing duties related to the care of animals.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Ability to lift moderate weight materials.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online. Please include cover letter and resume along with names and addresses of three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend