Mississippi State University’s National Strategic Planning and Analysis Research Center (NSPARC) is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven candidate with strong background in human factors and ergonomics for the non-tenure track position of Research Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research and executing tasks as specified in active NSPARC projects, and securing extramural research funding. The candidate is expected to focus on engineering applications relevant for workforce and economic development, education, health, and safety. The candidate is expected to work closely with faculty, researchers, and professionals at NSPARC and develop working relationships with faculty from other departments on campus and nationwide.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center (NSPARC) conducts research and creates customized solutions in areas of economic, workforce, business, and community development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a research program area addressing fundamentally important areas where engineering intersects with workforce, economic development, education, health, and safety.
• Identify funding opportunities to support the research agenda and successfully write research proposals to secure funding.
• Prepare technical papers, reports, and presentations for submission to funding entities, for publication in archival journals, and for delivery at public forums.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, who possesses the potential for successful performance in research activity or creative achievement in a university environment and can contribute to the service of the unit, university, and/or profession.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated research and analytical skills
• Experience on extramural research projects
• Experience using computer languages such as Python to analyze data
• Ability to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary teams
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants should complete online application at www.jobs.msstate.edu and upload a cover letter and current resume. Applicants should also submit two letters of recommendation (mailed by writers under separate cover), an official transcript for terminal degree and terminal diploma (provide English translation if necessary).
Address all supporting materials and reference letters to:
Chair, NSPARC Assistant Research Professor Selection Committee
National Strategic Planning & Analysis Research Center
P.O. Box 6027
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Please email all queries to: email@example.com
Position is contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.