Non-tenure track Instructor position beginning 08/16/2021 in the Department of Instructional Systems and Workforce Development with emphasis in Industrial Technology.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Instructional Systems and Workforce Development is a division of the College of Education at Mississippi State University.
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2021
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The instructor will teach four courses per semester related to industrial technology such as, CNC programming, materials, electrical and controls, PLCs, robotics, and maintenance. The courses may be offered during the day or evening and may be face-to-face or online/hybrid delivery. The instructor will effectively participate with the faculty to achieve departmental goals.
● Earned master’s degree at the time of employment from an accredited institution in industrial or engineering technology or closely related technology field
● At least 18 graduate credit hours in industrial or engineering technology or closely related technology field
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
● Experience in CNC machining, maintenance, PLCs, electrical and controls, or robotics in industry
● Experience teaching undergraduate courses in higher education
● Experience teaching online and hybrid courses using a learning management system
● Experience using current technological tools to facilitate learning
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Ability to use modern computer hardware and software in delivering instruction
● Skills with technologies relevant to industrial technology
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and submit:
● a cover letter specifically addressing one’s qualifications and readiness for the position
● a curriculum vitae
● the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references who can address the suitability of the applicant for the position
● copies of college transcripts. (Official transcripts are required upon employment)
Note: Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
This position is contingent upon the availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.