Provides administrative management planning and coordinates business operations for a library department or unit
Salary Grade: 11
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The University Libraries provide their communities of users an ongoing, creative and technologically advanced program.
Area of Specialization:
Collection Management Services
Anticipated Appointment Date:
December 1, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs library responsibilities with knowledge of both library terminology and procedures and functional area policies and procedures and identifies problems and suggests solutions which may affect policy.
2. Uses knowledge of subject matter sufficient to identify, understand and respond to requests in functional areas throughout the library.
3. Utilizes technology to accomplish goals and objectives; analyzes data in order to compile, prepare and distribute necessary information.
4. Participates in library committees as a representative of a functional area.
5. Provides administrative and professional assistance to clients, customers, and co-workers in accordance with professional standards and principles.
6. Retains knowledge of policies and procedures of other libraries and national standards and applies, upon appropriate approval, current trends and developments in library science.
7. Coordinates and supervises special projects.
Bachelor's degree along with 2 years of related experience.
Substitutions to Education and Experience.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
3. Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
4. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
5. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.