Data Management Specialist
Job no: 500688
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
441300 - MS State University Foundation
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Assist the Director of Data and Research Strategy in fulfilling the mission of the Mississippi State University Shared Advancement Services.
Salary Grade: 09
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Open mail received for gifts and enter new/update Alumni/Foundation constituents into Banner alumni database.
2. Update biographical information in constituent records such as: address, phone numbers, employment, affiliations, relatives, birthdates, social security numbers, etc.
3. Work closely with gift administration employees to enter information affecting gift entry in a timely manner.
4. Check biographical forms received from donors and make needed changes.
5. Maintain files documenting changes to database.
6. Enter corporate records into Banner and update corporate records as needed.
7. Process ACS post office files.
8. Handle credit card reports on a daily basis.
9. Maintain supplies for Data and Technology Center.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Data and Research Strategy.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years of experience in records management or a related field.
3. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Complete online application.
Submit resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend