Provide administrative support and coordinate the administrative functions for the Veteran Business Outreach Center at MSU and associated Veteran programs.
Salary Grade: 11
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Directs, supervises, and coordinates the administrative function of a complex office.
2) Performs a wide variety of clerical duties which could be confidential in nature; operates personal computer to perform basic to complex assignments to include enter data, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables, etc.
3) Studies, analyzes, and recommends procedures and processes in order to improve continuity and simplify reporting.
4) Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping systems, office layout and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures; remain abreast of trends in administrative operations
5) Coordinates collection of and participates in the preparation of operating reports using Microsoft Office products, spreadsheets, and database software
6) Develops, plans, and implements programs, office policies, and procedures relevant to unit mission and goals
7) Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports, prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures all supplies, furniture, and office equipment
8) Manages complex events calendar for unit; coordinates the logistics of unit functions and events
9) Develops summary reports, analyzes for administrator, and makes recommendations regarding findings
High school diploma
One year of relevant experience in a clerical or office setting
Bachelor's degree in business related
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Veteran or Veteran Spouse
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2) Working knowledge of Microsoft office, spreadsheet, and database software packages
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1) Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
2) No or very limited exposure to physical risk
3) No or very limited physical effort required
4) Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Position is contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.