The Project Manager will plan and implement projects related to contractual and grant
obligations to MWRRI. They will manage a variety of activities, projects, grants, and requests
for services from external clients and customers, as well as internal MSU and MWRRI related
projects. This person will manage all policies and procedures as necessary to complete
projects. This includes but not limited to day-to-day project and financial activities of MWRRI
research projects and activities.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and monitor project progress, plans, and schedules.
2. Plan, organize, promote, facilitate, and coordinate events including meetings,
workshops, and presentations necessary for project completion.
3. Manage and coordinate the processing of honorariums and/or contractual
agreements to large numbers of participants and speakers for trainings, meetings, and
conferences hosted by MWRRI.
4. Ensure that participant and speaker travel needs are met within the constraints of the
travel budget and adhere to all MSU policies, as well as grant policies.
5. Collaborate with MWRRI staff and external clients in coordinating and managing
6. Assist in ensuring all MWRRI programs and activities are run in compliance with
federal, state, and university policy and regulations.
7. Manage daily financial activities including budget preparation, planning, and
8. Monitor adherence to budgets (operating and personnel).
9. Reconcile monthly financial statements and produce monthly financial reports.
10. Process, monitor, and manage the subaward process for grants awarded to
11. Manage matching funds documentation process and records per grant guidelines.
12. Compile budget reporting for Annual Performance Report per grant guidelines.
13. Be flexible and willing to change assignments and responsibilities regularly
throughout the year.
14. Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree public administration, political science, business administration, agricultural economics, or a field of study determined by the MWRRI to be closely related to the essential job functions and three (3) years of related experience.
Master's degree in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
⦁ Ability to function in a fast-paced, cross-sectional work team environment where multiple
priorities must be managed simultaneously. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
⦁ Ability to work autonomously and independently to manage the project. Experience with
planning and managing project budgets and reporting.
⦁ Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
⦁ Ability to innovate and work as both a team member and team leader. Ability to meet
deadlines while managing frequent interruptions.
⦁ Ability to organize and manage projects and prepare a written plan with objectives, actions,
milestones, budgets, timelines, success measures, and to communicate success
⦁ Ability to anticipate barriers to project completion; plan and manage contingencies and to
work collaboratively to resolve.
⦁ Knowledge of using technology to deliver products and services. Knowledge of instructional
and emerging technologies.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all
work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility. Frequent external imposed deadlines; set
and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature
or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of
unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions
involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis. Job frequently requires walking,
sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please complete an application online and include a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.