Manage a variety of activities, projects, grants, and requests for services from external clients and customers, as well as internal MSU and RCU related projects. The Project Manager will plan and implement projects associated with secondary and career and technical education. This individual may be required to manage and lead a team as necessary to complete the project. The projects are education related and will require working with secondary schools and districts. RCU projects include curriculum writing, assessment, evaluation, professional learning both in-person and online. Work in a cross-functional team environment where multiple priorities and deadlines must be managed simultaneously; attention to detail in all areas of work.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Please visit rcu.msstate.edu
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties that may be assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Support the design, development and maintenance of secondary curricula in various disciplines. May be asked to help with other curriculum writing, assessment, and professional learning functions of the RCU that are core operations.
2. Must collaborate with RCU staff and external clients in coordinating and managing grant projects.
3. Must plan and lead meetings, workshops, and presentations necessary for project completion. This includes making presentations in front of large groups of people.
4. Must work independently to lead projects from beginning to end.
5. Must understand education achievement related data sets and be able to organize, analyze and effectively communicate the data.
6. May support grant writing efforts, including identification of potential project, partners, and budget preparation.
7. Design and coordinate online training modules.
8. May manage the development and delivery of online training.
9. Must plan events, meetings, and training activities that may be part of any given project or grant.
10. Must work with other RCU personnel in project teams to complete tasks.
11. Must prepare and present project status reports, including necessary reports and budgets.
12. Must be flexible and willing to change assignments and responsibilities regularly throughout the year.
13. Serves in a support role to all divisions within the RCU.
three years of experience in education at the secondary level, post-secondary level and/or working in career and technical education program development
Master’s degree and/or five years’ experience working in education related organizations in administration, training, curriculum, or project/grant management activities.
Experience with science and math education.
Experience in career and technical education (CTE).
Experience with instructional or leadership coaching while using innovative solutions to educational challenges.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to innovate and work as both a team member and team leaders. Strong ability to work autonomously and independently to manage project. Experience with planning and managing project budgets and reporting. Understanding of curriculum and assessment development. Experience with making presentations and leading meetings. Ability to organize and manage projects and prepare a written plan with objectives, actions, milestones, budgets, timelines, success measurements, and evaluation methods. Ability to anticipate barriers to project completion; plan and manage contingencies. Ability to write grants and proposals for external funding. Knowledge of using technology to deliver products and services. Experience with online learning management systems is a plus. Knowledge of education trends in the areas Academic Standards, Career Pathways, innovative high school designs, leadership, 21st century skills, and college and career readiness. Demonstrated experience working with education achievement data. Must have strong knowledge of instructional and emerging technologies.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and most work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis. Expectations and job assignments will change frequently.
Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Apply online and submit a resume, cover letter and the complete contact information for at least 3 references.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.