The Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor is under the administrative supervision of the Head of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. This is a tenure-track position. A faculty member in Industrial and Systems Engineering is an engineer and scholar with strong interest in teaching and conducting externally funded research. He/She contributes to the three missions of the University: teaching, research, and service.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering is one of the eight academic departments in the Bagley College of Engineering. The Department offers an ABET-accredited bachelor's program in Industrial Engineering at the Starkville and Engineering on the Coast Campus, as well as master's and doctoral degrees (Starkville campus and online). The undergraduate enrollment is 227 students, and the graduate enrollment is 38 master's students and 67 doctoral students. The website is www.ise.msstate.edu.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2022
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are illustrations of the various duties assigned to this position. The absence of specifics statements of duties does not exclude those duties from the position if the work is a logical assignment of the position.
1) Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the general areas of Industrial and Systems Engineering and serve as research and project advisor for students of all levels
2) Serve as an academic advisor to graduate and undergraduate students
3) Expand the knowledge base of Industrial and Systems Engineering by conducting research
4) Supervise research of graduate students
5) Develop and sustain a strong, externally sponsored research program
6) Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in archival journals referred by his/her peers
7) Provide service to the Department, College, and University
8) Pursue scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering or Ph.D. in closely related area is required. Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills are required. Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Professional registration, or ability to qualify for registration. Previous teaching experience.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.