Provide leadership for planning, developing, designing and coordinating marketing activities for the Center for Distance Education. Keep apprised of national marketing trends in online education and institutional marketing policies and strategies.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
May 1, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and coordinate implementation of overall marketing plan for the Center for Distance Education and the various online programs/courses for the University.
2. Collaborate with departments across campus in the development and implementation of marketing plans, goals and objectives for courses and programs
3. Assist in the management of marketing research and analysis for online programs/courses
4. Develop and manage marketing budget in coordinator with the Executive Council
5. Coordinate with University Relations and Legal Council on meeting standards and policies set by the University
6. Collaborate with CDE technology and education unit on CDE web site and partner sites that CDE manages/maintains.
7. Coordinate marketing plan with Center’s recruitment plan.
8. Serve as Team Leader of Marketing/Recruiting team in working with the Executive Team to set goals and budget, coordinate the functions of the Marketing/Recruiting team, Collaborate with other team leaders and units across campus to achieve team goals, coordinate budget requirements with unit managers and director, and serve on the Executive Council of CDE.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Related Field
3 Years Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to develop comprehensive, strategy plans
2. Project management
3. Ability to develop relationships with peers, vendors, and other stakeholder
4. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Job frequently require walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with care.
3. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply at https://www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.